Monday 4 April 2011

Dear Friends and followers,

In little over a week i am off from cold Autumnal New Zealand for exotic Melanesia! not Fiji but Vanuatu or the New Hebrides as Captain Cook named them when he arrived on the HMS Resolution in the 1770's.

I will be starting my trip from the island of Efate once i arrive. I will get to know the main island and the capital Port vila. I will take time to acclimatise to the relaxed island life and humid tropical climate.

 My plan is to visit the southern tribes of Pentecost island wear the infamous Naghol land diving ritual happens. Also the island of Espiritu Santo for the wrecks and Reefs and the Volcanic southern island of Tanna to visit the accessible active Volcano - Mount Yasur. I also am intrigued by the all round still existing traditional tribal culture of central Melanesia.

This trip is likely to be exciting and quite full on! I will be updating this blog every couple of days or when i cannot get online; when i return to the main islands.

I will update with New Zealand Photos very soon,

Cheers, Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment