Monday 21 December 2009

Marlo,

Thank you for your comments, I read them all and appreciate them. If you want to add a comment but are having trouble it is likely your not a Blog spot member, to join just register its free and safe.

I spent Saturday getting things done here in Apia on the boat. I cleaned some Diesel stained carpets and also the stern of the boat, Boring marine stuff, Replenishing and maintenance etc...

I am on top of things on the boat and know how to live on board. I am going to go to the other island of Savaii tomorrow morning until Wednesday. I will use Christmas eve to boxing day to scrub the deck and clean the interior wooden floors and sides etc...Dot the i's and cross the T's etc...

I went to the meeting this morning and was invited to go to Brother Tanna's house for lunch, He is one of 23 children and yes the same parents! We ate a big meal of chicken and baked bananas with his wife and young daughter. I am used to the Samoan Cuisine but had to force myself to eat as i can not eat much in this heat.

I spent the afternoon with some other Samoan Friends from the congregation I have made and have certainly made an impression here. Its lovely to have Friends here i can come back and visit.

I took some amazing photos of the boat etc... the other evening, I will upload them this week. I should have some more interesting photos by then too.

FaaFaa tai Mollay Lepu, (thank you and goodnight)

Felix

3 comments:

  1. Felix, Sounds like your making celebrity status in the South Pacific. They probably don't get alot of visitors from Oxford these days. Pictures are great. I like how you get people to pose for the camera. The Somoans seen like nice people. Im glad you are finding witnesses everywhere ,Im sure that really makes the trip enjoyable. Everyone out here is doing pretty good. Mike is still out here from Montana and will be leaving in a couple of weeks. Weve been taking the motorhome to the Marina last few days and chilling out. Can't wait for the trip in feb, Might have a blog going down, I'll fill you in on the details. In the meen time Im preparing for the trip getting everything in order. I sold one of the trucks I bought now I need to sell the van. I might also run up to Montana soon. My grandmother's not doing to well. She around about 100 years old. Check out this video I shot a few months back of my grandmother. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfMKyYDKl0
    Take it easy and have a great time in Tahiti. If you find a nice sister for me in Tahiti email imediately with the details. HAHAH take care, Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that you are doing so well at Apia. Jess and I are following the blog closely and can't wait for the next set of photos.

    Are you going to Savaii on your boat? Will you be sailing it there yourself?

    Be safe, have fun,

    Love,

    Hugo & Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felix I have deleted your phone number by mistake-please can you send it to me again? And I also need to know how to contact you once you are at sea. I love your blog so much! Can you write some samoan recipes down? It looks like I will be coming out Feb/March-I can fit it in around you and go pretty well anywhere. I just need to be back by the beginning of April. It is pouring with rain here. I went to Marks and Spencers yesterday and it was full of Brenda lookalikes doing their christmas shopping. It would have made you laugh. Had an email from Julia-she is in Dunedin!!!!She actually saw the albatros! Or is it albotri-dont know whats the plural. I must recommend she goes to Sea Cliff and looks up Trubi King. What memories....
    I am so glad you are not living in a shed in Worthing-what you are doing is so much better.
    Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete