Thursday 10 December 2009

Talofa Everybody,

If anyone does not like comments to be read by everyone please email me privately at felixdriver@hotmail.com

I am having a really good time. Although i have not gone to Savaii the other island as its not worth it as now i join the boat Saturday. I have made Friends here on Upolu and a couple in the congregation said next time i return to Samoa i can stay with them, They hope i return soon. So that's nice.

I have been to different parts of the island, I feel i have really soaked up different parts of the culture here. The language is very different, But i can get by to some extent.

People are very direct here, when they meet you they ask are you married, Do you have children? etc...They are trying to learn of your Status. Your not an Adult and respected elder here until your married. That's why its not uncommon to find 16 to 17 year old married, well one of the reasons anyway. Often they will ask are you here for Samoan women?

I am going to explore a little today. I plan on going to Manono island tomorrow or Paradise beach. You can not do it all. I am not overdoing it though as i join the boat very soon and that's hard work, So i kneed some rest

I will be in touch before i join the boat. If anyone needs to contact me at sea please email me and i will give you the satellite phone email address. but email me by Friday 11Th.

I will upload some more photos and promise to upload some more of ME very soon

Fafaa tai tofa

Felix

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I would like to say hello to Hugo and Jess and Mum as we call her, and anyone else following this amazing journey. Good job Felix! Becareful! I know your not a thrill seeker but a seasoned adventurer and traveler. Thrill seekers jump off bridges with rubber bands straped to there legs. Then they go home which is only a mile away and brag to there friends they have accomplished something. You are seeing the world at a young age and getting to know the cultures of different people around the world. Much more than a thrill seeker! Something most of us will never do. Great pics! Enjoy the rest of the trip. Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felix, it is Harvey. I really like your photos they remind me of Purley. I especially like the sliding rock, I would like to try it with you. Where are you going next? and can you send me a map pf your travel?

    Mum and Dad say hi. Be careful. BUT HAVE FUN!

    from Harvey

    ReplyDelete