Thursday 24 December 2009

Talofa everybody,

I hope you like the new photos, I have some of me that i will upload but i kneed to rotate them and i am not too sure how to do that as i am unfamiliar with the Internet cafes computers.

Again thank you for your comments, All very much appreciated.

I went to the other island of Savaii. I am so glad i did go for it was stunning! It was a spontaneous visit. I just caught a bus to the port of Mulafanua in western Upolu and then i caught one of the ferries to Salelologa Savaii. Then i caught a bus up to the North of the island wear apparently the best beaches are and i would agree they are stunning, great swimming. I stayed in a beach fale for about 12 pounds a night including dinner and breakfast! Great food, I would go back there.

I met a few American teachers on holiday from there placements in American Samoa and the Mamua islands. Arranged and paid by World teach, check that out Hugo. One of them was Zach from New York and he had worked in the Marshall islands previously.

I took a bus down to the south of the island and went to some amazing falls - Olemoe Falls. A waterfall with a deep natural swimming pool - Stereotypical paradise! I stayed at a backpackers inn in Salelologa and then returned on Wednesday.

I would stay longer on Savaii but Captain Paul called and said he will be back as soon after Christmas day as possible. He said we will stop off in the Northern Cook islands and probably Rarotonga on route to Tahiti.

Have had nightmare boat difficulty's to sort out. Refrigerator broken, but have had a mechanic looking at it today. Also fresh water pump not working like it should. And its humid.

We should leave for Tahiti early next week.

FaaFaatai tofa,

Felix

4 comments:

  1. Darling Felix,
    What wonderful photos. I am sitting up in bed with a terrible cold and a headache, its raining outside and very cold. How wonderful to be in Savii in one of those beach huts! Although Tsunamis are probably more of a danger there! Lovely to see you wearing a sarong! Glad to see you have made friends with that couple from the cong-you looked like their adopted child! I have been looking at flights-I am quite happy to go to Raratonga if it works out-we will speak. Did you make the eco fridge? I emailed you the instructions yesterday. Today me and Hugo and Jess are going to London to do a walk with Joan then we are spending the evening with Betty. She is going to go to Keiths to access your blog. Oh I have bought myself a lovely present-it cost £200. It is a beautiful new tooth to replace the one that fell out when I was with you at the american diner in Shoreham.I bought it from the dentist in Grand Avenue. It fits very well and my dentist is going to South America to do dental work in villiages with primitve conditions using basic tools and was very interested to know how to make a small solar powered fridge.Quite difficult to explain while having my tooth replaced but I sat up,swilled my mouth and gave him the next step. Speak soon my darling.
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felix Sorry i have been having a few problems posting comments so hopefully Steve will be able to get this one sent off for me.
    We have been enjoying following your adventures and looking at your fab photos we think you are amazing doing what you are doing and meeting people from all walks of life.

    So glad you have made contact with the bros as it will be encouraging for them as well as support for you. Tanna's family could be a congregation all on their own, are all his siblings witnesses.

    Levi and Sow look as though they could be your Samoan grand parents, dig the sarong mind you I bet it is the most comfortable thing to wear in that humidity!

    Felix we are looking forward to seeing your folks tomorrow, hope your mum will be feeling better she sounded really rough when I phoned her the other night, we will miss seeing you there but I'm sure you will be the main topic of our conversation!!

    So take care of yourself I believe you set sail in a couiple of days hope you manage to get your boat in order in time. The Island of Savaii looked like paradise would love to go there........one day perhaps.

    Loads of love big hugs Jenny and Steve. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Admiral Conway here. Just got back from famous privateer and pirate raiding point in Lanzarote and going off to fight the Scots tomorrow.
    Master's Mate - it's so good to see that your sails have picked up favourable winds. Photos truly amazing. Don't eat any of those fish before the sun is up over the yard arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Felix we are now at the Marina after breaking down on the motorway,we arrived late afternoon and have been chilling with Jess and your mum. We are just waiting for Hugo and then we are about to devour one of your mum's chicken casseroles. YUM YUM !

    We love the latest pick of you and your boat.

    Your very much in our thoughts and prayers. Love you lots. Jenny and the gang XXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete