Thursday 3 December 2009

Talofa,

I went to the meating Tuesday night and how friendly they all were.

I went with a couple preaching on the south east of the island. There i met a brother that was in the year book. It was a really nice cultural experience, and being with them i saw tribal villiages that most tourists don't see for there are wild dogs and local fees to pay for entering peoples land usually.

Everything is different here and it is so hot and humid, i bought a hand woven fan off a street kid. I stand out as I am tall and white, some of the children in the villages really stare. People live off the land here, its amazing as people do not have the pressures of work here, they grow there own food and go fishing too. Taro, Breadfruit, Papaya and coconut is popular, most families have a few pigs too and chickens. i met one family who are studying and they have moved to another part of southern eastern Upolu (oopoloo) as there home was completely destroyed. There daughter valiala was a little injured on her leg, there 6 sons are well.

I may visit Savii (Savahee) but i don't want to miss the boat. I join the boat around the 15Th of this month. Locals know of the Sv Southern Cross.

Thank you for your Comments, i read them all. I will upload some more photos but until then, look on my face book page,

FaaFa Tai Tofa (thank you good by)

Felix

5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your update.I so love your spelling!Incidentally mine is getting worse so you dont stand a chance. Sams is pretty cool too. Please be careful with those dogs. You would make a very good meal.Make sure you eat properly my darling and dont drink too much. Im sorry but you must allow me to fuss. Im your mother and thats all I can do from here. Fuss. I love you.
    P.s.Hamish is doing remarcably well for a cat that is apparantly dying.Mabel will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felix
    Lovely to read your adventures, pictures beautiful. Do the brothers speak english?
    Love Alan and Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are having a great time. You have a steady following now tracing your journey. It's great to feel part of the trip. More photos please! What are the tribes like? Did you meet them? Any sign of Prince Phillip? Love Hugo & Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Felix
    So pleased you are having such an amazing time-the beaches look wonderful!
    What language are you quoting from and have you learnt anymore local phrases?
    We will enjoy following your adventures
    Love Jo and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Felix! I'm not sure if my last message has
    taken off! So here's another! So good to read
    your blog & see your pics - they're Grrrreat!
    Expect you will be at sea now - on your way!
    Have a fantastic time - we think of you lots
    & send lots of love - take care Felix a&j

    ReplyDelete